Here's what's changed in the latest build of Practice Engine v9.9.
15117 - New recurring bill abilities for client groups
Firms often need to bill multiple entities within a group as a single bill. This has previously been possible as a Manual bill, but was not available for recurring type work.
We have now added a checkbox in the Details tab of Client > Recurring Bills. When checked, users can select any client from the current client's billing group that has active recurring or manually billed jobs, from a dropdown menu in the Line Items tab.
15423 - Updates to Period End for Provisions
Due to customer feedback, users will no longer be able to update Provisions when the system is locked for Period End.
Further refinement of new filtered grid
We've added a few enhancements to the new filtered grids, introduced in build v9.9.8216:
- In String and Date type columns, users can search for blank or non-blank values. This offers a way for users to easily find and update missing information.
- In String type columns, we've changed the default to Contains rather than Equals, providing users with more leeway in their filtering.
15703 - Problems with saving in Entry > Deposits
In Entry > Despots, if users weren't selecting Save after every entry, the list of deposits wasn't displaying correctly. This has now been resolved.
Reported by FRP (Ticket no. 46840)
15493 - Issues with billing for jobs where clients had shared service names
When drafting a bill for a client with a specific service name, and adding another client or job to the bill that has a service of the same name, users were having issues when completing the following scenario:
- Create a draft bill on one client from the client dashboard via the Draft Bill dashlet.
- Select one service/job on the draft bill header.
- In the draft bill, browse to the Analysis tab and choose the drop-down arrow - Add Another Client or Job then choose Go.
- Search for and select the other client to pull into the bill.
- Once both clients are showing in the draft analysis tab, choose the drop-down arrow again and then choose Add Interim Bill.
In the jobs dropdown, the jobs for both clients were being displayed - only the jobs for the selected client should have been displayed. Additionally, if a firm was using a standard naming convention on the jobs, users had no way of knowing which job belongs to which client. We have now fixed this issue.
Reported by CBIZ (Ticket no. 45947)